Once you finished the decoration of a room, there is always a little bit of space which remains unused. That is often the case with the area behind sofa which is often left unattended. But you might be astonished to know that this place can play an important role in your apartment décor plan.
In this article, we are going to describe how can you make this unused area into a colorful and appealing place.
1. Go for 3D design :- Why don’t you think something beyond from paintings and photographs? This is the time you should explore artwork with an added dimension. The two rows of broken-eggshell design pieces can go perfectly well with the white wall of the living room. You can also go for embellished wooden pieces which will enhance the beauty of this area.
2. Shelves behind the sofa :- Installing shelves on the wall behind the sofa is a great idea by which you can use the available space and provide a support for some decoration. You can keep your books and other necessary items on the lower shelves so that you can easily reach them while lying on the sofa itself.
4. Use wallpaper :- You can use various wallpapers to make this wall more beautiful and enchanting. From quirky to bold to elegant, you will get a plenty of choices of wallpapers. Instead of choosing floral wallpapers, you can choose some quirky prints like asymmetric print or boho print which will not only make this place beautiful but also add a unique touch to it.
5. Hang a mirror :- Instead of going for a traditional mirror, you can place a mirror behind your sofa set. Indubitably, this is a worthy and cheap investment because you don’t need to spend a chunk of money for the installation of the mirror. The mirror here will reflect the greenery outside and will give complement the carpet and the sofa. These days, the markets are crammed with many frame-less round mirrors which are ideal for grey or white wall. The shiny surface will give the reflection of the outdoors and will add freshness to your living room.
6. Go for a storage unit :- You can also go for a compact storage unit and can install it just behind your sofa. This is a great option if you have things that need to be organized but not necessarily displayed or easily accessible. You can find various storage units of different sizes in the market.
These are some ideas by which you can decorate the area behind your sofa. With the help of the internet, you can find many more ideas which will make the space behind your sofa more enthralling and beautiful.