When we are kids, we used to memorize all the important (to us) phone numbers. And phone book was the go-to place for information. There was always a front page dedicated to emergency numbers. A copy of emergency contacts was placed on the fridge door.
Times have changed since then and so have the way used to save phone contacts. Now, we have everything stored in our phone book and are so easily accessible that we don’t even bother to memorize important numbers
However, with security come limitations. If you have a number stored in your phonebook, there is no way anyone can access it unless they know the lock code of your phone. Even in case of emergencies. Therefore, the age-old practice of keeping emergency phone numbers on the fridge is back again. If you are a homeowner, here is the ultimate emergency contact list for your fridge:
1. Police Department Local Number :- Of course, you can dial ‘100’ to reach police. However, in case the number is unreachable you need to have the non-emergency number for your area. Or may be the number of on-duty offices.
2. Local Fire Department Number :- Apart from dialing 102 for fire emergencies, fire department have a wealth of information and also help if someone is looking for community training on fire control.
3. Plumber :- Broken or leaking water pipes can be any severe. Having the number of plumber handy is a must to ensure your home doesn’t become a wet mess in case of emergency.
4. Power company :- A useful number to have on your phone to report power outages, voltage fluctuation or any issue with the bill.
5. Family Doctor :- A person you can reach out to in case of medical emergencies.
6. Nearby Hospitals :- In fact, it is great if you can have at least 2-3 nearest hospital numbers listed.
7. Next-door Neighbors :- They are the closest person who can immediately reach your home in case of emergencies. Always keep in touch with your neighbors.
8. Co-workers (of all the working partners) :- The go-to person in case your phone number is unreachable. It also comes helpful when you are planning a surprise party without informing your partner
9. Animal Control :- Unwanted intruder in your home? Or stray dogs, cats or monkeys causing havoc? Animal control can come to your rescue;
10. Insurance Agent :- The person you need to reach out to in case of an accident or home damage. Some companies assign a special relationship agent to all their clients. List his number as well.
11. Poison Control :- Has your child accidentally eaten the rat-kill? Poisoning emergencies can happen to anyone and therefore, a number of the regional poison control center should be on your emergency contact list.
12. Locksmith :- Don’t forget the locksmith. A good locksmith contact is must for unforeseen circumstances.
It is also important to categorically list these number along with proper mention. Save few most important ones in your phone’s emergency contact list and have a copy of all this in your Gmail too!
Stay happy, stay safe!