These days most of the busy Indian cities are crammed with high-rises and skyscrapers where people are adjusting themselves within the limited space. If you are also living in an urban apartment, then, here are some design ideas which will add fun and flair to your apartment and will make aesthetically appealing and effective.
1. Look For Double-up Furniture :- Are you are living in a modern apartment, then you should buy furniture that double-up role? If you have a sofa cum bed with you, then you can welcome your guests warmly. You just need to deploy this furniture in your living area and then just stay in a relaxed mood. Instead of purchasing a plain chair, table and couch, go for that furniture which will serve as storage devices apart from seating. You can opt for seating that serves double duty, like storage ottomans and storage couches. Nowadays, the markets are crammed with lots of furniture that are specially designed for people who live in small apartments. Couches have armrests that open up to reveal cup holders, storage for remote controls, magazines, and more. Even try to use your coffee table as a storage piece where you can keep your blankets, pillow covers, etc. easily without having an extra shelf or basket.
2. Go For Modular Kitchen Cabinet :- You can easily use modular kitchen cabinets which will help you in storing all the essential things like utensils, crockery, and cutlery items. This will not only help you in utilizing all your kitchen spaces wisely but also it will provide you with some additional spaces. You can use the countertop as a working area and can quickly clean the leftover mess without any hassle. You can even put hanging hooks hanging inside the cabinet where you can keep your spoons, measuring cups and lightweight utensils that can be on a daily basis. Moreover, wall mounted shelves will also help you to save a lot of space in the kitchen.
3. A Tiny Cabinet In The Bathroom :- You can put a small and sturdy cabinet with drawers in your bathroom and can easily hide away things like towels, hairdryers and other toiletries. This will help you to store all your bathroom essentials in one place and will keep your bathroom tidy and clutter-free. One clever idea is always to choose sliding doors for your bathrooms. Because sliding doors consume less space as compared to the swing outdoors.
4. Lights And Mirrors :- While living in a tiny urban apartment, keep your focus on lighting and mirror. Because lights will not only enlighten your place but also create the illusion of more space. Try to use your windows fully and don’t cover them with dark coloured curtains. Instead of curtains, you can go for blinds which will help external light to reach your home to make it look larger.
5. Use Your Shelves As Your Workstation :- You can easily use your bedroom shelves or other room’s shelves as your desks where you can keep your laptop, mobile phones, chargers, etc. Even you can keep your diaries, books, notebooks in these places and use them as per your requirement. With these shelves, you don’t need to purchase bookshelves or worktables to keep your usable items. This is truly a space saving idea which will help you to save some spaces in your urban apartment.
These are some design ideas that you must incorporate in your urban apartment to make it functional and appealing.