Pune has emerged as the smartest city of India over the span of last 10 years and how. Emerging IT sectors, planned housing societies, and pleasant weather, Pune has everything that makes it the best city to live and work in. It doesn’t come as a surprise that Pune is awarded as the 2nd best city to live in India.
So, what makes Pune the most desirable city in India to live and work in? Lets us find out:
Watch this blog on youtube:
1. Pune has the Most Amazing Weather :- While most Indian cities (Bengaluru included) are reeling under terrific heat waves, Pune seems to have handled climate change pretty well. The city has good weather throughout the year. Summers are bearable, winters are awesome but it is the monsoon that Punekar boast of. Thanks to tons of mountains and greenery surrounding the city, the weather is not too hot or cold, just pleasant at any time of the year.
2. IT Scene in Pune is Quite Happening :- Pune is one of those Indian cities where a lot of action is happening in the IT sector. With offices of more than 110 MNCs, Pune houses some of the biggest IT parks in India. There are more than 5 official IT zones in the city with the presence of all the major IT giants such as TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, etc. Thanks to the low cost of living in Pune (as compared to other IT cities), more and more companies are now looking forward to opening their branches in Pune. Booming IT sector in Pune is a boon for job seekers
3. Owning a Home in Pune is Affordable :- Although Pune is the second largest city in Maharashtra, next only to Mumbai, property rates here are much cheaper. A number of new residential and commercial properties are coming up in the city that can fit the budget of a salaried person too!
Even if you are looking to rent a house, the rents in Pune are much affordable compared to Mumbai. The city is well connected by public transport and you can travel to any part of the city without worrying about traffic problems.
4. Proximity to Holiday Destinations :- Whether you love beaches or adore the tranquillity of mountains, Pune has everything lying in close proximity. There are plenty of trekking destinations around Pune that is flooded by trekkers post monsoon. Hill stations like Mahabaleshwar, Matheran, Lavasa, etc are just a few hours drive from Pune and beaches like Konkan and Ratnagiri make for awesome weekend getaways. Add to it many amazing forts and splashing waterfalls that surround the city. Clearly, the top reason on my bucket list to settle in Pune.
5. Pune is a Major Educational Hub :- Popularly called as the ‘Oxford of the East’, Pune has been historically famous as education hub of India. From world famous universities and colleges to top management schools, Pune has been the hot favourite educational destination of India. The city has also been the favourite place for Global Events, Summits, Concerts and Fests as well as many famous film festivals.
Apart from all the above-mentioned points, lively night life, women safety, security and friendly people together make Pune the best city to live and work in India.