Nothing can beat the feeling of walking into your own organic garden and bite into the freshly plucked tomato. The pleasure when matched with many health benefits it brings along will surely coax you into having your own organic garden. And if you are still not convinced, these 5 reasons may help you change your mind and grow organic
1. You get Fresh and Organic Food :- Although there are a lot of grocery stores selling organic food, there is no way you can check its authenticity. When you grow your own vegetables and herbs, you know you are truly eating organic. And given that you will be plucking it right before cooking, the vegetables will be awesomely fresh and the food cooked with it extremely tasty.
2. You Avoid Wasteful Packaging :- Even when you carry a bag every time you go grocery shopping, a lot of plastic and cardboard is used in transporting the fruits and vegetables from farm to the stores. By growing organic, you can avoid all the wasteful packaging.
3. You Reduce Your Carbon Footprint :- Most of the vegetables and fruits travel a long way from farm to wholesaler to the warehouse and then to a retailer before it reaches you. All this result in a lot of carbon emissions. When you grow your own vegetables, you avoid all the steps thereby considerably reducing the carbon footprint.
4. You Save Money :- Setting up the garden may call up for some investment in the form of pots, mud, saplings, manure and other materials initially. However, once your garden is set, there is no major expenditure. In a short time, the harvest will pay for all the initial investment and give you much more. So by growing organic, you save money too!
5. It’s a Fun Activity :- We live in a gadget-crazy world and our kids are often unaware of the joys of having a green thumb. By involving children and other members in the weekly maintenance of the garden, you are not only making it fun family activity but also educating the children about the importance of eating healthy